Thursday, April 01, 2004

Heidi Fleiss versus Jamie Lynn DiScala

That significant cultural artifact The Star fuels a mini-celebrity catfight. Uhm, okay, strike that: make that a quasi-celebrity B-List catfight, to be exact, cornbread. Former Hollywood Madam and current lingerie shopkeeper Heidi Fleiss apparently didn't like Jamie Lynn DiScala's (AKA, Meadow Soprano: we know, that whole DiScala thing threw us, too) portrayal of her life. Star reporters Brenda You & Jennifer Birn note:

"To get into character, Jamie-Lynn 'did a lot of research -- watching documentaries, reading Heidi's book, poring over articles about her,' she says. 'I also had to lose some weight. I stopped weight training so I could have a frail frame because Heidi was notorious for her figure and how small she was.' That wasn't the only difference. "I've never had any experience with drugs,' adds Jamie-Lynn. 'So I had to do a lot of research on the effects of [drugs].' Fleiss was a documented user."

And Heidi's response to the dedicated Jamie?

" ... Fleiss, 38, the real-life 'Hollywood Madam' who spent 21 months in prison after her prostitution ring was busted in 1993, tells Star she is miffed over being played by the HBO starlet. 'My [movie] deal is with Paramount Studios and Nicole Kidman,' claims Fleiss. 'I've read what Jamie-Lynn has to say and it's obvious she doesn't have a clue who I am!' she continues. 'I'm big-time. I'm not a made-for-TV movie. I'm big-screen, baby.'"

It's all Hollywood, baby, but just in case Fleiss might want to watch out for 300-lb goomba's wielding telephone books and Saturday Night Specials (yes, I pilfered that reference from gritty 70s urban dramas like Good Times).

So, Kick back, break out the Riunite on Ice, and weigh in your thoughts on my little bitty post on the VH1 Best Week Ever blog right here


No comments: