Tuesday, September 21, 2004

In: A Fond Farewell to TMFTML

TMFTML said goodbye today, and I don't feel so good myself. I know they never promised me a rose garden, but a hero aint nothing but a sandwich. I know, I'm in a strange children's book mood right now -- flow with it: in a moment, I'll be reciting from Bridge to Terrabithia and The Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe.

Anyhoo, back to the subject at hand: This was one of my favorite sites, and while in the latter days it was a bit slow, in the heyday, it was tha bomb, one of the best.

They introduced me to what may just be the most depraved sexual act ever conceived. Even the Marquis de Sade would blush at mention of "graveyard bukkake." *The Corsair shudders*

And there were those great amateur discussions on art. Frankly, I believe the only great conversations on art are done by somewhat knowledgeable amateurs, jargon-free.

But I will always remember TMFTML for it's trenchant discussion of that significant cultural phenomenon, "hot saucing." And, in the process, bitch smacked former Facts of Lifer and hyperChristian Lisa Whelchel something proper (Ka-Pow!).

The Corsair will miss TMFTML.

No comments: