Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Chloe Sevigny: "Hollywood is a little too much enamored with British [actors] or people with accents"



That Vincent Gallo -- Eew -- "Beej scene" notwithstanding (Exaggerated cough suggesting feigned detachment), Chloe Sevigny -- Jay "The Jayster" McInerney's former "It Girl" -- is one of, if not THE best actor of her generation (For further reference see her masterful performance in: Melinda and Melinda). The actress, who made her bones in Independent Film Cosmos has some interesting things to say about The Hollywood Establishment. From HollywoodLife:

"HL: Are you a jealous person in real life?

"Sevigny: Yeah. It's not that I'm bitter, but sometimes I think, 'Why her?'

"HL: Professionally or romantically?

"Sevigny: Both. In romance, forget it. I'm extremely jealous in my relationships. I'm trying to get over that. I've been in a relationship for six years [with musician Matt McAuley] and I used to be really bad but I've gotten better.

"HL: Do you feel competitive with other actors?

"Sevigny: There are careers that I aspire to have, like Cate Blanchett's or Kate Winslet's. I think Hollywood is a little too much enamored with British [actors] or people with accents. I think they think they are more 'master thespian' than their American counterparts and give them a lot more leeway in taking more complicated parts. I find that very frustrating."

You do your thing, Chloe Sevigny; you .. Do. Your. Thing. (HollywoodLife)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to hate her, but she's the best thing about HBO's Big Love. She's brilliant in it.