Monday, May 14, 2007

Media-Whore D'oevres



Jeff Zucker is thisclose close to saying to that short-fingered vulgarian Trump what everyone in the wide world has wanted to say to him since he thrust that corny-ass tag-line upon us. (Reuters)

"Uptown, Helena Christensen and Fabiola Beracasa hosted an in-store soirée for Alessandro Dell'Acqua. Kate Bosworth was among the slender types who squeezed into the Italian designer's sliver of a Madison Avenue boutique." (Style)

Hal Hartley: "I have never known what an independent film is exactly. Even if I said I did when I was younger, I must have been trying to conform to some popular conception of these things. I have always made the kinds of films I wanted to see in the way I wanted to make them." (Indiewire)

"Girls Gone Wild" sleazeball Joe Francis has been reportedly crying like a bitch for the past 32 days he's been in a Florida jail. Paris, however, will do her time standing on her head, saying, as she is released, "This all you got?". (TMZ)

Upfronts: "Women, get your wish-fulfillment on! In LIPSTICK JUNGLE, from Sex and the City's Candice Bushnell, Brooke Shields and Kim Raver play high-powered city career women who have romantic and job intrigues and occasionally sit around a table with drinks. ('They are Mr. Big!' goes the promo copy.) In an online twist, a magazine depicted in the show will actually be created online." (Time)

No comments: