Friday, June 25, 2010

Last Night's Paper Magazine Social Networking Party



(That's me in the black hat, clutching the booze via guestofaguest)

Last night at the Yard in the Soho Grand Paper magazine threw a social networking bash to celebrate their new team of bloggers and social networkers and their "140 Character to Follow on Twitter," of which I am one. Absolut Brooklyn drinks served and the crowd -- quite cute, quite hipster -- proceded to get quietly tight on a beautiful summer evening as the sun set and Andrew Andrew DJed. Good seeing Mister Editor, Andrewandrew, Mickey Boardman, Zandile Blay last night. Paper certainly made up for that Drake fiasco at the South Street Seaport last week (which, quite frankly, was more the fault of over promotion on terrestrial radio than the downtown bible).



I also chatted briefly with Paper editor David Hershkovits. I actually worked for Paper briefly during the summer of 1997. Good times, those, when I, the humble author of this post, was just starting out. I spoke to David about Kim Hastreiter, Paper's publisher and an old friend, who just had hip surgery. The godmother of downtown chic, I am glad to relate, will be back and partying in no time. Of the Drake concert we did not speak.

No comments: